4 Reasons why Vendetta Can't Be Topped in 2006

- It's an important topic...if you're not afraid of Western governments becoming totalitarianistic, you should be
- It speaks the truth about tyrants...the régime that will ruin us all will come from those who don't respect the sanctity of life, not from those who do
- It recognizes the power of words and music in human existence...after the power of words, music is the most effective means of liberating the human heart
- It's not overly idealistic...V is not the noblest character in the movie, Evy is because she recognizes that ideals without taking in account the physical and emotional lives of the people those ideas impact is almost worthless

9 Comments:
Reasons why Vendetta CAN be topped in 06
1.United 93
2.Sympathy For Lady Vengence
3.Mission Impossible 3
4.X-Men: The Last Stand
5.Superman Returns
6.A Scanner Darkly
7.Lady In The Water
8.Miami Vice
9.Little Miss Sunshinie
10.Apocalypto
11.Flags Of Our Fathers
12.World Trade Center
13.Clerks 2
14.Jackass 2 (I'm serious!)
15.Stranger Than Fiction
16.Casino Royal
17.Eragon
18.Departed
OK, I'll give you Apocalypto and Flag of Our Fathers...but M:I:3?!? Jackass 2?!? Miami Vice?!? I was talking quality...and those movies may be fun, but I doubt the filmmakers' primary goal was to make a well-crafted, thoughtful film.
All I'm saying is that any of these movies could be better. V For Vendetta is in the top 10 but I think any of these could have the possibilty of knocking it out.
I say it again...there is way any of these three movies could possibly be a better quality than V.
M:i:3
Jackass 2
Miami Vice
Mission Impossible 3- With JJ Abrams in the director seat, I think that this could be a great blend of action and character that he has done so well on Lost and Alias.
Jackass 2- If it's half as funny as the first one (which I think it one of the funniest movies of all time) it will be a blast.
Miami Vice- It's Michael Mann and he's given us Collateral, Heat and the Insider. I don't see a reason why Miami Vice wouldn't be as good.
M:i:3 - sure it's JJ Abrams...but the last one was John Woo who was just coming off Face/Off and given the tone of the first one, expectations were equally high.
Jackass - I'm not going to dignify that with a remark.
Miami Vice - It definitely could be a good Michael Mann movie...or it could be Mann going "back to his roots" and moving the tone of the show to the widescreen...the trailer certainly wants me to think that.
I agree with you about the Miami Vice trailer. I think it looks ridiculous, but I don't think the movie will be as bad as the trailer shows. Besides it being a Michael Mann movie it has Colin Farrell. And that's my boy!!!
Yeah, and Stone and Farrell did such a good job with Alexander.
Have you even seen Alexander?!?! I really liked it. Maybe because I went in there thinking it was going to be a huge disaster, but I was impressed by it. I actually really liked it. Yeah, yeah it wasn't the great movie I was expecting and maybe there is some overacting and battle scenes that are hard to follow, but what big budget war epic doesn't have that?
Post a Comment
<< Home