Indy in 2008
This is, by far, the most promising report ever on the production of Indy 4. The fact that Spielberg has bumped the production of his next film makes this a report that cannot be dismissed.
From Dark Horizons:
From Dark Horizons:
Steven Spielberg has decided to postpone directing his Abraham Lincoln biopic with Liam Neeson in favour of Indy first. Spielberg says that "George, Harrison and I are all very excited. We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."
For the moment, the title of the new film as well as its story line are being kept under wraps. Lucas confirms the project will acknowledge Harrison's 64-year-old age. The script incorporates Indiana Jones' father Professor Henry Jones and both Lucas and Ford have said that they would like to include Sean Connery.
David Koepp ("Jurassic Park", "Spider-Man", "War of the Worlds") wrote the screenplay that finally got the stamp of approval from Lucas and Spielberg. An earlier screenplay by Frank Darabont had been shelved when Lucas turned thumbs down on it.
Frank Marshall will serve as producer, Lucas and Kathy Kennedy joining him as executive producers. Lucasfilm Ltd. will produce whilst Paramount Pictures will distribute worldwide. It's presently unknown whether it will be shot digitally or on film.
Production begins in June in locations in at present undisclosed locations around the world and in the US with a May 2008 release planned.
Labels: Indiana Jones

4 Comments:
David Koepp also wrote War of The Worlds and I loved that movie. Although, he also wrote Death Becomes Her, Secret Window and the first Spider Man and I didn't like any of those. Either way, if Spielberg gave it a green light I'm sure it's good. What I think is funny about the hold up is the fact that George Lucas didn't like the script. And we all know how masterful he is with a pad and pen.
Oh, by the way...David Koepp is from Pewaukee. Crazy huh?
Well, I hate to say it Tim, but I didn't like any of those movie you mentioned that were written by Koepp...except Park and Spidey...but neither are truly awesome!) Death BEcomes Her is by far the all time worst movie ever made!EVER! Horrible, So, that doesn't not give me much to get excited about! I'm actually more bummed now!
I have to disagree with Erin, Death Becomes Her is the second worst movie ever...Alien3 still sits on the bottom for worst scripts.
Speaking of David Fincher movies (how's that for a transition?), Tim missed Panic Room from Koepp's credits. Panic Room was a very solid script. Also missing are Jurassic Park and the first Mission: Impossible, which are excellent films with strong scripts.
I agree with Erin that none of the movies you mention in your comments are worthy of note (Erin, I assume your cryptic reference to "Park" is "Jurassic Park". But as Akiva Goldsman proves, screenwriters can be really hit and miss...even when working with the best directors and actors possible.
I think the fact that he has War Of The Worlds, Panic Room, Snake Eyes, Mission Impossible, Carlito's Way and Jurassic Park on his list makes him pretty incredible. And I have to remind you guys that he's from Pewaukee...we have to support our local heroes!
Post a Comment
<< Home