Thursday, April 26, 2007

Poland Summer 2007 Guesses

David Poland's Summer 2007 article and chart are live. He is sooo off on the Simpsons and Die Hard. I'm sorry Tucker's Rush Hour is not going to pull in $80M more than Bruce Willis...I'm not going to see either one, but that Die Hard trailer is so cool, where Rush Hour is going to have that been there, done that feel that Shanghi Knights had. And the Simpsons is going to open with $40M--minimum, maybe double that. I guess what gets me is that Fox's marketing has done so well at over selling some real crap the past couple years, I don't know how one can expect them to fall flat this year.

Rank

Studio

Film

Release Date

Est
Gross

1

Dis

Pirates III

5/25

$410m

2

DWA

Shrek The Third

6/18

$340m

3

Sony

Spider-Man 3

6/04

$335m

4

WB

Harry Potter 5

7/13

$250m

5

Dix

Ratatouille

6/29

$225m

6

DW/P

Transformers

7/4

$201m

7

NL

Rush Hour 3

8/10

$190m

8

U

Evan Almighty

6/22

$170m

9

U

Bourne 3

8/03

$165m

10

WB

Ocean's 13

6/08

$160m

11

NL

Hairspray

7/20

$145m

12

U

Chuck and Larry

7/20

$130m

13

Fox

Fantastic Four 2

6/15

$125m

14

Fox

Die Hard 4

6/27

$110m

15

Sony

Surf's Up

6/08

$90m

16

Sony

Superbad

8/17

$85m

17

U

Knocked Up

6/01

$80m

18

Dis

Underdog

8/03

$78m

19

Fox

The Simpsons

7/27

$70m

20

TWC

Sicko

July?

$48m

21

WB

No Reservations

7/27

$47m

22

TWC

Halloween

8/31

$45m

23

Sony

Daddy Day Camp

7/10

$40m

24

LG

Hostel 2

6/08

$40m

25

WB

Nancy Drew

6/15

$40m

26

Sony

I Know Who Killed Me

7/27

$39m

27

Par

Stardust

7/10

$38m

28

WB

The Invasion

8/17

$36m

29

FA

28 Weeks Later

6/28

$33m

30

U

Mr. Bean

8/31

$28m

31

Par

Hot Rod

7/3

$27m

32

MGM

Mr Brooks

6/01

$26m

33

LG

Bug

6/25

$23m

34

Fox

Death Sentence

7/3

$20m

35

Focus

A Mighty Heart

6/22

$19m

36

FA

The Comebacks

7/4

$17m

37

FocR

The Strangers

7/13

$16.5m

38

LG

Good Luck Chuck

7/24

$15m

39

NL

Martian Child

6/29

$14m

40

WB

License To Wed

7/4

$13m

41

U

Georgia Rule

6/11

$12m

42

WB

Lucky You

6/04

$11m

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I think he's way low on Harry Potter (the new trailer is frickin' awesome!) Probably right on with Spider Man, maybe even a bit high (I don't think it's going to do that well). He has Hairspray even higher than I do which is wild. He might be right with Die Hard 4(you're talking about Rush Hour 3 being a dead franchise because it's been gone six years...Die Hard has been like 10). When do we do our official guesses?

4/28/07, 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home