Friday, April 06, 2007

The next big thing?

Ok, from my previous post about something that was messed up to something that is titled Knocked Up.

I'm gonna help you guys out a bit for your summer 2007 box office predictions. This will be this summer's 40-year-old Virgin. And I'm not just saying that because it's the same writer/director, or because it's a R-rated, sex-talk comedy with no big stars, or because it's got a great trailer. Even though all those may be true, I'm saying it because it's been extensively screened and everyone who's seen it loves it.

Sure the only people who write reviews at this point are geeks, so saying geeks love it generally isn't saying much. But I'm thinking that this will play beyond the geek audience.

Here's a couple trailers:
Domestic
International (an edit of one, very funny scene...be aware, there is the ample crude language)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Oh, and btw, when I mean "big" I mean 40-yr-old Virgin, Devil Wears Prada, or Borat big. I'm not talking Napoleon Dynamite big, nor, conversely, am I talking Spider-Man big. I guess the market's proved that a comedy that plays to this demographic could go as big as Wedding Crashers...but that's a big stretch.

FYI:
40-yr-old Virgin: $109M
Devil Wears Prada: $124
Borat: $128M
Napoleon Dynamite: $45M
Wedding Crashers: $209M

4/6/07, 12:38 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

That is one of the funniest trailers I have ever seen. Knowing that it's by the guy who did 40 Year Old Virgin, I have a feeling it is going to have a lot of heart too. Not just a stupid laugh laugh laugh. I'm going opening weekend.

4/9/07, 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home