Joseph Gordon-Levitt
So I just got done watching The Lookout and it was great. What is most impressive about this is the fact that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in it and he seems to have a great ability to pick films by first time film makers that I seem to always love. Eric is probably very familiar with him because of 3rd Rock from the Sun, but I was not and so when I first saw him in 2001 in the movie 'Manic' (one of my top ten favorite films of all time) I was blown away. I kept thinking, "Isn't he the same goofy kid from that sitcom that Eric keeps telling me to watch? No it can't be."I then didn't see him in another movie until 2004 when he was in 'Mysterious Skin'. Not my type of movie but once again I really liked him. Then the next year he did 'Brick' which was one of my favorites of the year. Joseph later had smaller parts in two movies that I thought were pretty good 'Havoc' and 'Shadowboxer'. I saw on imdb.com that he had a movie coming out this year but, by another new film maker and I was immediately disappointed. There was no way he was going to get lucky again and make another incredible film...well, this guy keeps on surprising me. The Lookout isn't the masterpiece that Richard Roeper says that it is (it's missing an explosive ending) but it was an excellent film. Definitely going to make my top 1o this year. The question is, when Killshot comes out later this year, which is done by Oscar Nominated director John Madden, will he still be able to be same actor that I am loving so much right now? Granted he isn't the lead star like he was in the other movie's of his that I love so much, but his character Richie Nix is going to be perfect for him. Gordon-Levitt plays cool so well, I'm excited to see him play a guy who thinks he cool when he's really just a "punk".
Anyway, I finally did what I should have done back 2001 and bought stock in him on HSX. He's only at 5.66 so I think there really is no where to go but up for this guy.

3 Comments:
I absolutely am in love with him right now. He is my favorite actor to watch! He is really amazing!
You gotta watch 3rd Rock. It's awesome. The entire cast and the writing are excellent.
Well said.
Post a Comment
<< Home