Book Release to Give Potter Legs
This morning they announced that Harry Potter 7 will be released July 21.
Interesting, since had they released it two weeks earlier they could have released the seventh book on 7/7/7. I guess they figured it would do better following the movie release.
Financially, this makes more sense since the movie marketing will overwhelm everything else until that movie is released on the 13th. Then, just as the studio's marketing would typically allow the public's focus to shift to another film...BAM! They release the book, kill off a couple characters and since 12-year-olds certainly aren't going to read the book twice, their piqued interest will be sustained by the film, giving it better legs.
Man that movie's gonna make a bundle!
Interesting, since had they released it two weeks earlier they could have released the seventh book on 7/7/7. I guess they figured it would do better following the movie release.
Financially, this makes more sense since the movie marketing will overwhelm everything else until that movie is released on the 13th. Then, just as the studio's marketing would typically allow the public's focus to shift to another film...BAM! They release the book, kill off a couple characters and since 12-year-olds certainly aren't going to read the book twice, their piqued interest will be sustained by the film, giving it better legs.
Man that movie's gonna make a bundle!
Labels: Harry Potter, summer 2007

1 Comments:
That really is a great idea. I guess I figured they would release it a week or two earlier to get people even more excited about the film, but there really is no need. Everyone is going to go to anyways, putting the book out two weeks later will just keep this movie at the top of the box office. You're right, it will make a bundle. I'm guessing the biggest film of the year.
Post a Comment
<< Home