Erin's 2006
Here are the movies I saw in 2006. There are not a lot, since I mostly Netflix. But, following this list is a list of movies that came out in 2006 that I still need to see and will most likely change my top 10 list!!
Movies seen in 2006:
Hoodwinked
The Producers
Brokeback Mountain
The New World
Annapolis
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Curious George
The Pink Panther
Eight Below
Failure to Launch
V for Vendetta
Inside Man
Brick
Lucky Number Slevin
Friends with Money
Akeelah and the Bee
United 93
Mission: Impossible III
Poseidon
The Break-Up
Pirates: Dead Man's Chest
Lady in the Water
Talladego Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
The Illusionist
The Departed
Marie Antoinette
Casino Royale
Top Ten of 2006 (thus far)
1. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
2. The Departed
3. The Illusionist
4. Casino Royale
5. Lucky Number Slevin
6. Lady in the Water
7. Brick
8. Pirates: Dead Man's Chest
9. V for Vendetta
10. M:I 3
Movies that could change my top ten list:
Little Miss Sunshine
World Trade Center
Hollywoodland
Sherrybaby
The Last King of Scotland
Flags of Our Fathers
Babel
Running with Scissors
X-Men: The Last Stand
Happy Feet
Deja Vu
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
A Prairie Home Companion
Superman Returns
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Pursuit of Happyness
Dreamgirls
As you can see I still have a lot to watch...but they are either far down on my Netflix list or are not to DVD yet. I will update this list most likely sometime in January of 2008!!! :)
Movies seen in 2006:
Hoodwinked
The Producers
Brokeback Mountain
The New World
Annapolis
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Curious George
The Pink Panther
Eight Below
Failure to Launch
V for Vendetta
Inside Man
Brick
Lucky Number Slevin
Friends with Money
Akeelah and the Bee
United 93
Mission: Impossible III
Poseidon
The Break-Up
Pirates: Dead Man's Chest
Lady in the Water
Talladego Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
The Illusionist
The Departed
Marie Antoinette
Casino Royale
Top Ten of 2006 (thus far)
1. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
2. The Departed
3. The Illusionist
4. Casino Royale
5. Lucky Number Slevin
6. Lady in the Water
7. Brick
8. Pirates: Dead Man's Chest
9. V for Vendetta
10. M:I 3
Movies that could change my top ten list:
Little Miss Sunshine
World Trade Center
Hollywoodland
Sherrybaby
The Last King of Scotland
Flags of Our Fathers
Babel
Running with Scissors
X-Men: The Last Stand
Happy Feet
Deja Vu
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
A Prairie Home Companion
Superman Returns
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Pursuit of Happyness
Dreamgirls
As you can see I still have a lot to watch...but they are either far down on my Netflix list or are not to DVD yet. I will update this list most likely sometime in January of 2008!!! :)

11 Comments:
Did you read "Running With Scissors"? Some people at work read it and really liked it, but none of them saw the movie and I heard that the film wasn't that good. Anyway, there are a crap load you got to see, but number one should be The Prestige!
Wow, you really liked "Three Burials", huh? There were some elements I really liked about it, but I never got drawn into it.
The only movie on your Top Ten list that I haven't seen is Slevin...I guess I'll have to make sure I see it. I can make that commitment to you, but I'm guessing I won't be able to say the same thing to Tim as I'm guessing I won't have seen at least five of his Top Ten movies.
Oh, and by the way, I can assure you of one thing, seeing "X-Men 3" will definitely NOT change your Top Ten list.
I got a couple more movies I want to see before I post my list. Movies I'm hoping to see in the next six weeks or so include "Rocky", "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Letters to Iwo Jima."
I actually liked Slevin so much that I watched it twice. Once by myself and later that day with Erik. I thought the dialog was well written and very very clever. I definitely will not take that one out of my top 10!
I was totally expecting you both to comment on United 93 not being in my top 10...I really didn't like it and don't understand the Oscar hype!
Oh, crap! I meant to say, "I can't believe you don't have United 93 on your list."
Seriously.
2006
Top 10:
The Prestige
Jackass 2
Brick
Mission Impossible 3
Apocalypto
Hard Candy
Casino Royale
Down In The Valley
Borat
The Break Up
Really Good:
Crank
The Departed
The Descent
Flag Of Our Fathers
Friends With Money
The Fountain
An Inconvenient Truth
Monster House
Lady In The Water
Little Miss Sunshine
The Omen
Rocky Balboa
Stranger Than Fiction
Superman Returns
Unknown White Male
United 93
V For Vendetta
World Trade Center
Good:
Blood Diamond
Clerks 2
Dave Chappell's Block Party
Evening Harder: A Night With Kevin Smith 2
Glory Road
The Hills Have Eyes
Ice Age 2
The Illusionist
Inside Man
Lucky Number Slevin
Nacho Libre
Poseidon
Prairie Home Companion
The Queen
A Scanner Darkly
Talladega Night: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby
You, Me & Dupree
Wordplay
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
Okay:
Babble
Bubble
The Da Vinci Code
Grandma's Boy
Half Nelson
Hostel
Miami Vice
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
The Proposition
Saw 3
Scary Movie 4
Scoop
Shadowboxer
Bad:
Hollywoodland
Horrible:
Eragon
Oh and btw, I have Three Burials on my 2005 list but only because it was nominated for a screen writing Oscar last year.
Wow, I actually saw seven of your top ten, Tim. Still want to see Down in the Valley.
Tim, why don't you create your own post with your 2006 list? That way we don't hijack Erin's thread with comments on your list.
I'll do the same this weekend.
I still can't make new threads! My password/login won't work. I don't know how it worked that one day. Magic I guess.
I will now put The Prestige on the top of my list! It was incredible!!
I declare this the biggest blog ever!
Post a Comment
<< Home