4 Most promising things about Smallville

Ok, so I'm behind the times. But we finally rented the first DVD of the first season of Smallville. At this point I'd have to say that it certainly isn't as good as Firefly...but the comparison isn't unfounded. Here's the best things the show's got going for it so far:
- Lex Luthor...what a great character...by far the most sympathetic character on the show.
- Good Soundtrack...haven't seen too many shows that have a contemporary soundtrack...but then again I don't watch the WB either
- Father/Son relationships...I love the parallels between Clark and his dad and Lex and his.
- It's just plain fun

3 Comments:
I've heard good things from a friend of mine at work. They started to tell me about different kinds of kyptonite and the different effects that it has on Clark Kent. Sounded like fun to me.
It is pretty cool.
There's a guy on Poland's blog that says WB should have relaunched the Superman francise with a Smallville movie. It could have been made dirt cheap and easily made its money back...then they could have moved to a bog-budget movie like Returns...I'm begining to wonder if that shouldn't have been their approach. Especially since a Smallville movie now would just seem wierd.
The problem is...what if it sucked. What if it made absolutely no money. What if people saw it and then didn't see the second one (the big budget good one) because of the first. Trying to follow up on a shitty movie is very hard to overcome. Just think if the last two Batman movies wouldn't have come out. Batman Begins would have done even better. I think that it had to get over the stigma that Batman wasn't cool anymore hurt it at the box office and that's what a Smallville movie might also have done. Am I making any sense?
Post a Comment
<< Home