Friday, September 08, 2006

Green CEOs Bad for Business?

I really hope this guy is wrong. I so desparately want businesses, like GE, to be able to find a way to be economically successful and to be economically sucessful while pointedly being environmentally friendly. If big businesses like Ford, BP, and GE say that their green policies of recent years were a mistake, we're really heading for some dark times.
Green CEOs Bad for Business : "BP CEO Lord John Browne also wants to be hailed as an “enlightened” CEO-environmentalist. Under Browne, BP spends more than $100 million annually on its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign – an effort to convince the public that BP is no more an oil company than Greenpeace.

BP not only advocates for global warming regulation – including announcing this week that it will help Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger implement California’s new global warming law – but the company also calls its primary profit-producing product (gasoline) a “necessary evil” in television commercials."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.lonympics.co.uk/politics.htm Is arnie a living emodiment of satanism, hey why not take a gander at this site and wonder if he is

9/8/06, 12:13 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Well, obviously, there is good cause to say that gasoline is an evil. It does a lot of harmful things to the environment and I truly hope that the CEO of BP knows this and is trying to do the right thing about it. I fear he is just blowing smoke up people's butt and wants to seem eco-friendly even though he doesn't care. It would be the same as the tobacco companies who pay millions of dollars in anti-smoking funds but really don't want to help people. They just want people to think that they care. Now, I'm not saying this is the case with BP, I'm just saying that I hope it is not.

9/20/06, 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home