Friday, September 08, 2006

A New Approach

So, I've been using Google Notebook a lot the past couple months. I have over 30 notebooks, on topics ranging from culture, photography, politics, education, and world religions. Most of these notebooks have several subtopics and I have probably hundreds of notes I've clipped from websites I've visited as well some short musing and reflections I've written on these topics.
Essentially, in the matter of months, I've completely changed the way I collect and process information. If I hear something interesting on the radio, I write it down and when I get home or to work I type up the quote, reference it, and post it in my notebook.
This has allowed me to keep ideas from slipping away and being forgotten in my world of information overload. And consequently, I've been able to process my thoughts much more effectively than I had been able to in the past.
I've been doing this at the same time the blog has been limping along. Consequently, I think I'm going to start using our blog as a means to get your thoughts and ideas on the stuff I'm thinking about. Hope you don't mind, but some of the stuff I'm posting on my notebook, I'm going to post on the blog as well, and hopefully, you'll find some of it interesting and we can start a dialog in the comments.
This will certainly help me since I'd prefer not to think of these things in a vacuum...but hopefully you'll find the stuff I post on interesting as well.
Like I said, I have a huge backlog of notebook entries that are suitable for blogging, so I should be able to quickly get a couple new posts a day. Plus I'm always adding new stuff. Hopefully, you'll post your thoughts and ideas too.
I still want to have a lot of movie stuff on the Apocalypse...but perhaps making the blog more eclectic will also make it more interesting and when you launch your Internet browser each day, the Lemming Apocalypse will become one of the first three links you click each time you on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

That sounds interesting. You'll have to show me how to use that. With my bad memory that would be very helpful.

9/9/06, 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home