Thursday, October 19, 2006

Keep Dreaming

Maybe I'm totally out of touch here, but I'm not interested in Dreamgirls...at all...none...and I don't just think it's because I haven't really liked anything Bill Condon has done. The music in the trailer didn't do anything for me. The fact that it's not based on an actual group means my interest isn't piqued at all. If American Idol's Jennifer Hudson wasn't in it, I don't think I'd be the slightest bit interested. Apparently they showed 30 mins in Toronto and everyone loved it. Paramount's got faith in it...but I don't think it will play...kinda like Memiors of a Geisha last year. What do you guys think?
MCN: 20 Weeks To Oscar: "Paramount has already delivered all but Dreamgirls within the industry, yet you can have a conversation about whether they can get four nominations or whether they will get two."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I'm not able to download the trailer but the little I've heard I'm not excited for it either. Another musical! Bill Condon's last movie "Kinsey" wasn't too bad but "Gods and Monsers" was pretty awful and I haven't seen "Candyman II: Farewell to the Flesh" but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that that movie didn't recieve any nominations. Eddie Murphy singing?! Nope. Not for me. Even if this movie gets nominated I won't see it. I'm sorry, it's one of those movies that I just know I'll hate.

10/20/06, 2:45 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

In fairness, he wrote the screenplay for Chicago...but for all the positive qualities of that film, it too wasn't one I get excited about.

10/20/06, 6:17 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

oh, you guys made me sad. I was looking forward to this one. I guess, I should rethink it. :(

10/24/06, 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home