Anyone watching tonight? I'm not nearly as excited as I was when season 3 started, but I'm still very pumped. It's good to have it back on, if only for two months.
Better than expected, especially after last year's finale which I wasn't a big fan of. Still hoping they bring some light and fun episodes into it like they had more of in the first two seasons. I did love Ben's "Jack, I'd like to go with John, if you don't mind" line. LOL!
I really liked how they played with Hurley this episode. I'm figuring that Charlie's pretty much in the same camp as Hurley's friend Dave: "Dead but here" as Charlie put it. This means they can be seen at times by people other than Hurley, but they're not fully present like you and I.
I enjoy the flash forwards. Creates an awesome dynamic in a way I wasn't expecting. Loved the way they used it to say that Hurley made a mistake going with John. Very Clever plot trick.
Just want to check to make sure everyone's on the same page as me here. It appears as though it's being set up so that you think that six got off the island and went to the mainland and at least some of the rest of the castaways are still alive--I'm guessing back on the island. The Six make up a story about there being no other survivors and they agree to stick with (hence, Jack's "you won't tell" remark). But the Matthew guy who meets Hurley clearly thinks that the Six have a conspiracy going and that there are survivors still alive somewhere (hence, Matthew's "Are they alive" remark).
So here's the big question. Who are the other three of the Oceanic Six? Assuming Hurley didn't go on a diet, we saw one of the six's funeral in the finale...but I don't remember there being anything to really go with. Any guesses?
They're so going to play with this in coming episodes. I'm sure we're going to get a flashback of someone other than Kate, Jack, or Hurley that will appear to be a flashforward (the opposite of the first flashforward where we thought it was a flash back until the very end). So we'll spend the whole episode thinking, "Oh, this guy made it off so they must be #4 of the Six," but then it will be revealed that it's in the past and therefore, we're no closer to knowing who another member of the Six are.
As far as in the casket...in the season three finale, Jack goes to the funeral and the guy who works there asks if Jack is family or friend and Jacks says "Neither". At the end of the episode Jack asks Kate why she didn't go to the funeral and Kate gets mad and says "WHY WOULD I?!" I actually think it's Ben in the casket and this is why. As of the end of last nights episode, it looks like only Jack and Kate are going to get off the island because everyone else went with Locke. But obviously they must meet up with Lockes camp and bring some other people with them and that's how Hurley also ends up coming back. Ben is with Hurley so they take him to. I don't know why. I would also think one of the people who come off the island with them would be Sun because she's pregnant. And if you bring Sun you got Jin. That's my guess.
As far as flash forwards go, I liked it and glad to see you like them too. That are being very clever with using it. It's like foreshadowing in a book. I think I read that there will be flash forwards and well as flash back this season and so you're probably right, there will mess with our minds and make a flash forward seem like its a flash back and vice versa. I liked the episode too, but it was also frustrating to me, because now there are all new mysteries and ?s. And with only seven episodes left, I know there isn't much time to answer questions that have already been posed. I'm all about the answers. I watch Lost for answers. I'll be the first to admit it.
I loved it. And I think you both are right on everything. I'm excited for this season...as short as it is...and it's fun to watch again. I want the strike to end now too, just for the sake of Lost. It's such a well written show. What about this theory? The surviving 6 are the only survivors. I think those flash forwards are at the very end. When the show is over. I think nobody gets off until then. Their secret is everyone was killed and only 6 made it off. Jack wants to go back because he can't handle living with the guilt. The casket? Why couldn't it be Locke?? I'm still thinking about all this. There are so many possibilities! That's what makes this show so great. (Surprisingly, I wasn't annoyed with more questions)
The only part that annoyed me last night was Naomi coming back from the dead. I can't figure out why they wrote that in there. I can't think of one reason for her to come back. She mysteriously comes alive, runs into the woods, climbs a tree, jumps on Kate, talks to the ship and then dies? What the hell? What was the purpose of all of that? There are about a dozen new questions posed and they didn't answer anything I wanted them to, but you guys are right...it was fun to be back. It was fun to go to work today and spend the first two hours talking about nothing but Lost theories. I didn't think the episode was all that great until I realized today how I couldn't stop talking about it. That's good TV. Oh yeah, don't forget to check out Lostpedia.com. They got everything. A good way to get your motor cranking is to go to Thursday night's episode recap and look at all the new questions it posed. Lot's to think about. Here my question for you two. Not who is in the casket, but WHEN do we find out who it is?
8 Comments:
I just have to remember to tape it! Very interested.
Better than expected, especially after last year's finale which I wasn't a big fan of. Still hoping they bring some light and fun episodes into it like they had more of in the first two seasons. I did love Ben's "Jack, I'd like to go with John, if you don't mind" line. LOL!
I really liked how they played with Hurley this episode. I'm figuring that Charlie's pretty much in the same camp as Hurley's friend Dave: "Dead but here" as Charlie put it. This means they can be seen at times by people other than Hurley, but they're not fully present like you and I.
I enjoy the flash forwards. Creates an awesome dynamic in a way I wasn't expecting. Loved the way they used it to say that Hurley made a mistake going with John. Very Clever plot trick.
Just want to check to make sure everyone's on the same page as me here. It appears as though it's being set up so that you think that six got off the island and went to the mainland and at least some of the rest of the castaways are still alive--I'm guessing back on the island. The Six make up a story about there being no other survivors and they agree to stick with (hence, Jack's "you won't tell" remark). But the Matthew guy who meets Hurley clearly thinks that the Six have a conspiracy going and that there are survivors still alive somewhere (hence, Matthew's "Are they alive" remark).
So here's the big question. Who are the other three of the Oceanic Six? Assuming Hurley didn't go on a diet, we saw one of the six's funeral in the finale...but I don't remember there being anything to really go with. Any guesses?
They're so going to play with this in coming episodes. I'm sure we're going to get a flashback of someone other than Kate, Jack, or Hurley that will appear to be a flashforward (the opposite of the first flashforward where we thought it was a flash back until the very end). So we'll spend the whole episode thinking, "Oh, this guy made it off so they must be #4 of the Six," but then it will be revealed that it's in the past and therefore, we're no closer to knowing who another member of the Six are.
Thoughts.
As far as in the casket...in the season three finale, Jack goes to the funeral and the guy who works there asks if Jack is family or friend and Jacks says "Neither". At the end of the episode Jack asks Kate why she didn't go to the funeral and Kate gets mad and says "WHY WOULD I?!" I actually think it's Ben in the casket and this is why. As of the end of last nights episode, it looks like only Jack and Kate are going to get off the island because everyone else went with Locke. But obviously they must meet up with Lockes camp and bring some other people with them and that's how Hurley also ends up coming back. Ben is with Hurley so they take him to. I don't know why. I would also think one of the people who come off the island with them would be Sun because she's pregnant. And if you bring Sun you got Jin. That's my guess.
As far as flash forwards go, I liked it and glad to see you like them too. That are being very clever with using it. It's like foreshadowing in a book. I think I read that there will be flash forwards and well as flash back this season and so you're probably right, there will mess with our minds and make a flash forward seem like its a flash back and vice versa. I liked the episode too, but it was also frustrating to me, because now there are all new mysteries and ?s. And with only seven episodes left, I know there isn't much time to answer questions that have already been posed. I'm all about the answers. I watch Lost for answers. I'll be the first to admit it.
Last night was the first time I actually cared if the writers strike wasn't resolved soon.
You know me...I don't watch Lost for answers...but, man, the way they've got it set up now, it's returned as a great venue for stories.
I loved it. And I think you both are right on everything. I'm excited for this season...as short as it is...and it's fun to watch again. I want the strike to end now too, just for the sake of Lost. It's such a well written show. What about this theory? The surviving 6 are the only survivors. I think those flash forwards are at the very end. When the show is over. I think nobody gets off until then. Their secret is everyone was killed and only 6 made it off. Jack wants to go back because he can't handle living with the guilt. The casket? Why couldn't it be Locke?? I'm still thinking about all this. There are so many possibilities! That's what makes this show so great. (Surprisingly, I wasn't annoyed with more questions)
The only part that annoyed me last night was Naomi coming back from the dead. I can't figure out why they wrote that in there. I can't think of one reason for her to come back. She mysteriously comes alive, runs into the woods, climbs a tree, jumps on Kate, talks to the ship and then dies? What the hell? What was the purpose of all of that?
There are about a dozen new questions posed and they didn't answer anything I wanted them to, but you guys are right...it was fun to be back. It was fun to go to work today and spend the first two hours talking about nothing but Lost theories. I didn't think the episode was all that great until I realized today how I couldn't stop talking about it. That's good TV. Oh yeah, don't forget to check out Lostpedia.com. They got everything. A good way to get your motor cranking is to go to Thursday night's episode recap and look at all the new questions it posed. Lot's to think about.
Here my question for you two. Not who is in the casket, but WHEN do we find out who it is?
It will be the very last thing we learn during the last episode of the series!
Nope, I think someone I spoke with today figured it out. It's Michael!
Post a Comment
<< Home