Saturday, January 05, 2008

My favorite on the list

I have to say my favorites of 2007 was Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World or The Sparrow. They are both just excellent excellent books. Must reads! A close second is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Another very well written book and great story.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

what's Hard Boiled Wonderland all about? What about the Elephant book that you're so set on me reading?

1/5/08, 8:56 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Yes, you've got to read the elephant book. It's really good. But, I'd forgotten about Hard Boiled until I posted this list. It's great. Ryan Gosling told me to read it (it was on his EW list of must reads). Tons of people in Hollywood have tried to buy the rights to the book to make a movie out of it, but the author won't allow it. Not even for millions and millions of dollars. It's just so great!!! It's Sci-Fi. I'll try to put a link here.

http://www.amazon.com/Hardboiled-Wonderland-World-Haruki-Murakami/dp/0099448785/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199630864&sr=8-1

1/6/08, 8:50 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Sci-fi! Now you got me!

1/9/08, 2:18 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I showed your list to a friend of mine I work with named Annie. She said that Snow Flow...had been recommended to her by a bunch of people and now she was going to have to read it after seeing your list. Way to go coverting people Erin!
Annie quick looked up the synopsis on Barns and Noble and told me the book had to do with a mad scientist and Bob Dylan. Crazy cool!

1/10/08, 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home