Summer Update
Based on Poland's latest summer updates.
Potter's Wednesday numbers were amazing. At $44.2m, it's the largest Wednesday opening ever and bigger than the four previous Potter starts.
To compare to other Potters
To compare to the highest grossing Wednesday start
Tim's guess: $375m
Eric's guess: $400m
| Film | Current Est | Eric | Tim |
| Spider-Man 3 | $335m | $350m | $330m |
| Transformers | $325m | $191m | $110m |
| Shrek | $320m | $330m | $390m |
| Pirates | $315m | $342m | $400m |
| Ratatouille | $260m | $260m | $180 |
| Knocked Up | $145m | $112m | $95m |
| Fantastic Four | $133m | $78m | unranked |
| Die Hard | $125m | $114 | $105m |
| Evan Almighty | $96m | $198m | $185m |
| 1408 | $72m | $66m | unranked |
| Surf's Up | $57m | $111m | $85m |
Potter's Wednesday numbers were amazing. At $44.2m, it's the largest Wednesday opening ever and bigger than the four previous Potter starts.
To compare to other Potters
To compare to the highest grossing Wednesday start
Tim's guess: $375m
Eric's guess: $400m
Labels: summer 2007

3 Comments:
It only made $18.2m on Thursday, putting it a couple million behind Spidey 2. Should be interesting to see what happens this weekend. Estimates are all over the place. The Spidey-2 comparison works because it's a major Wednesday opener...but it opened on a Wednesday before a July 4th weekend where the 4th fell on a Sunday, so you'd expect its Thursday numbers to be higher and its Fri-Sun numbers to be slightly lower, I think.
God, why do I even try!?!?! I suck at guessing these box offices. It is fun though, I have to admit. I never enjoyed being so surprised by my awfulness at something before. Plus, the summer is not over. I could still pull a rabbit out of my hat and that rabbit could be wearing some Hairspray!
"that rabbit could be wearing some Hairspray!"
LOL!
That's a great line.
Post a Comment
<< Home