Superman makes $21M opening day
chart from BoxOfficeMojo.It's not an amazing opening...but it's super. I'm guessing WB was hoping for $30M+, but this is a better start than they had for Batman...and this movie's got a lot more exposure than that one did, so it could pass up Batman's $200M run. One thing's for certain, with the good buzz on Pirates, I'm sure WB is pleased with their decision to move the opening up to a Wednesday.
In 24 hours I'll be able to give a more educated guess.
BTW, can you believe that nearly 20% of X3's run will have been made on it's first day? That's crazy!

2 Comments:
Yeah, I can not believe that X3 did so well on the first weekend and won't hit 250. God, everyone must have hated that movie. Looking at Superman's second day (it went down to $11M), I'm starting to wonder if fanboy are the reason for the big opening. After they are out of the equasion the movie can do nothing but take a big dive.
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them at Maxed Out Rates
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]
Post a Comment
<< Home