Thursday, June 22, 2006

Latest Supes Trailer

Well, a lot can happen in 50 days.

On May 1 we were trying to figure out why WB was waiting so long release a full trailer; and when it came the next day, I don't think anyone was overly impressed. But then in the next month they released two more trailers, each getting better and better....not to mention at least 10 different tv commercials and a ton of clips.

Then last night they released what will probably be the last trailer...and it is awesome. I guess when you have $100M to spend on marketing, WB believes that it's best to save it up and spend it all in the seven weeks before the movie opens. I would have thought that you need to build hype earlier, but given that Supe's HSX price is at its all-time high today, shows what I know.

HSX has set it's opening at $70M and looks for $250M by Labor Day...and with only five reviews in, it's metacritic score is 89. Should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I don't like this trailer as much as the last one although it is good. There just doesn't seem to be any extrodinary action (although the bullet hitting the eyeball is pretty cool). Is Superman breaking up a robbery and saving a plane crash all we will see him do. For $14 I hope not!

6/26/06, 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home