Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ann's Top 10: Movies I Would Enjoy Even Muted, Maybe even more so that way...

This list may not address important issues like which movie will make the most this summer or whether or not I think Tom Cruise is dreamy (which I don't because he seems so full of him self- but still a great actor), but who knows... no one on this blog seems to be short on opinions; a good thing I might add. Tell me what you think. What movies did you enjoy watching. Disclaimer: The movies I am about to list do not necessarily qualify as good stories in my book- just good to watch. I also did not list them in order from best to worst or anything. I wasn't able to really rank them that way. The styles are very different from one another and couldn't really be fairly compared, or so I thought.
1. Moulin Rouge

2. Batman- the Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher releases

3. What Dreams May Come

4. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

5. House of Flying Daggers

6. LOTR trilogy

7. Star Wars episodes 1-3 (for me it was mainly Amidala's costumes)

8. Man in the Iron Mask

9. Tomb Raider

10.Finding Nemo (I really can't get into this movie, but I do think the animation is great)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

It's funny that you post this because just today I rented Steve Martin's Shop Girl. Really good movie but surprisingly the best part of the movie was the visuals. Not what you expected me to say right? Within the first five minutes I was taken by the cinematography. Almost all the shots are indoors LA, which doesn't sound all that beautiful, but somehow, they do things with colors and designs that is very unique. More so than with any other movie I have ever seen. If you get a chance you should check it out. But watch it first with the sound on.

6/16/06, 11:59 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I totally agree with Moulin Rouge. The Batman films were visually interesting...but for some reason they won't make it that high on my list...oddly enough, probably for the same reason you wouldn't find Tomb Raider or Star Wars on my list.
What would be on my list? I don't know. I've been thinking about this the past couple days and still haven't been able to come up with much. I'll keep thinking.

6/17/06, 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home