Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Three Burials

Don't bother. It wasn't a horrible movie...but it wasn't at all gripping. Ann didn't like it at all (she typically only gets into character studies if the script pulls you in).


I found elements of the story interesting and at times compelling...but I didn't find it engaging enough to really merit my time. It was almost too realistic for its own good (remember, reality is boring...movies are supposed to bend reality just enough to make it interesting).


I think they could have done something with this story to grab you...but this wasn't it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were going to see it tomorrow...sounds like it's a waste of time, huh? Oh well...Cars is coming this weekend.

6/6/06, 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/6/06, 7:59 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Yeah, I almost saw it on my day off. I'm afraid I'll get bored halfway through and walk out. Anyway, it comes out on DVD pretty soon, I'll probably just see it that way.

6/7/06, 12:24 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Never heard of it!

6/7/06, 8:35 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Yeah, I first heard of it around Oscar time because it was on the short list of potential screenwriting nods...certainly didn't deserve that. It was like a mexican version of crash...only really dull.

6/8/06, 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home