Thursday, June 08, 2006

Cars Reviews Positive


They're not great, but they're certainly better than any other wide release so far this summer. Metacritic currently has a 81, but that will change tomorrow as all the reviews go live. No matter what, the critics aren't nearly bad enough to keep anyone away who was already planning on seeing it this weekend. I'm thinking it might break the single day record on Saturday (currently $50M by SW3); certainly poised to break Shrek 2's $44M Saturday.

Also, today's the day they start screening Superman for critics...should have word (good or bad) by this time tomorrow. Here's to hoping that Singer has another solid hit...I'm expecting at least a double...probably a triple.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

o, btw, apparently there's extra stuff after Cars' credits. So don't make the same mistake as we did in X3 and leave prior to the very end of the film reel.

6/8/06, 10:03 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

As of right now Cars is at a 74. Not bad, but not what Pixar is used to. Like you said, it'll still do great numbers. Also, as of right now there are no Superman reviews. Cars, uh, Superman, YEAH!

6/9/06, 1:05 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Yeah, I think Cars is handicapped by reviews because it's treated like a francise film and compared to every other Pixar film. I think that's part of the reason why The Village didn't get as strong of reviews because it was compared to all his other films. Dreamworks Animation, however, does not face similar battles...I mean, they're kinda compared to Shrek...but no more than every animated movie is.

6/10/06, 10:09 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

My buddy Grant just saw Cars and said it was Pixar's best movie. And he really likes all there other ones.

6/17/06, 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home