Friday, September 29, 2006

10 contenders for the best-picture Oscar

USA Today has a list of Oscar bait. Check it out.

USATODAY.com - 10 contenders for the best-picture Oscar:

"Flags of Our Fathers
Why it may be Oscar worthy: Clint Eastwood is directing. After Mystic River, which claimed top acting prizes, and Million Dollar Baby, which did that and won best picture, the academy takes Eastwood's work very seriously. This WWII drama about the Iwo Jima flag-raising soldiers doesn't have stars, but the one behind the camera makes this one to beat.
Early word: Highly anticipated, but little seen. No one saw Million Dollar Baby coming at this point, but they're on the watch for this one."

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

You know, I'm not looking forward to seeing Dreamgirls at all. I have a feeling it is going to be the "Black Chicago" and I don't want to see that. Eddie Murphy singing?! C'mon! If Pigeon John had a supporting role then I'd be more interested, but until then, forget it! Flag of our Fathers...I don't know I'm not that excited yet, but I still have yet to see the previews. There is no mention of The Fountain on that list and that sucks because that's the one I'm really looking forward to. I saw the trailer for Little Children and it didn't interest me at all, but I didn't think I would like In the Bedroom either and I ended up loving that movie, so we'll see. World Trade Center should be taken off that list. It's only on there because of Oliver Stone. Not to say it's not a good movie (I still haven't seen it yet) but there is no one talking about it anymore. I'm suprised to see Babel on there. I really thought it was just an independent that happened to have Brad Pitt in it and that was all. I heard good things but I didn't get the impression it was going to be Oscar worthy. We'll see though. I like this directors other stuff, so I'll check it out.

10/2/06, 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home