Edward Norton

I just saw Down In The Valley (came out in theaters a couple months ago) w/ Edward Norton and I couldn't believe that I forgot about this guy. No one's seen him since the 25th Hour in 2002. Sure he had a small part in the Italian Job and very small part (where you don't even see his face) in Kingdom Of Heaven but I don't think those films really even count. Down in the Valley is one of the best movies I've seen this year. It's about an urban cowboy named Harlan (Norton) who falls in love with a teenage girl (Evan Rachael Wood). Her dad doesn't like Harlan (too nice and too old) and so fight ensues between the two men with Evam Rachael Wood and her little brother caught in the middle. What makes the movie so good is the way that Norton plays this character. You never know if Harlan is really a good person of just a someone with delusions that he's a cowboy. Excellent film the whole way though.
The reason I'm bringing this up is because Edward Norton has such a good track record. I've seen all of his movies (except for Illusionist which I hope to see this weekend) and here is my list of favorites.
Fight Club
Red Dragon
25th Hours
Down In The Valley
American History X
Rounders
The Score
Primal Fear
The People Vs. Larry Flint
Death To Smootchy
Frida
The Italian Job
Kingdom Of Heaven
Keep The Faith

1 Comments:
Man, your bottom three would definitely NOT be near the bottom of my list. Though I admit Keeping the Faith and Italian Job are a bit more commercial than he usually does, they are fun films that do what they are supposed to do.
Post a Comment
<< Home