Going for the Trifecta
Well, Vendetta was a darn good movie, but based on reviews from Dad and Tim, it looks like I might be on the verge of seeing three movies in a row, each with the potential to be the best movie of the year.A couple weeks ago I saw The Departed...which was awesome.
On Wednesday Ann and I are going to see the Prestige...a movie currently sitting on top to Tim's Best of 2006 list.
Then two weeks after that I'm going to Borat with Tim (and Erin?)...which as of right now is the best-reviewed movie since Fellowship of the Rings.
Three movies in a row! That's awesome. What movie could I possible see after that run to keep the ball rolling?
Labels: borat, departed, Prestige, Stranger than Fiction

4 Comments:
Yeah hopefully Stranger Than Fiction will be that movie. The trailer is great but the TV commericals suck. You can not tell what the hell the movie is about. It's a total jumbaled mess and hopefully Will Farrell has enough star power to have people inquire about it and find out what it's actually about.
As with Prestige...God, I'm starting to get nervous that you won't like it all. Well, I don't think you'll hate it or anything, but I've hyped it a lot and it's going to be hard to go into that movie without expecting something phenomenal. I hope it doesn't disappoint!
As far a Borat goes...I'm so excited. If you want some good laughs go to his offical website or his myspace.com page because he has exclusive video. Oh yeah, I just read today that the studio has put the first four minutes of Borat on YouTube.com for fans to watch. It also has deleted scenes from the movie!
I have decided to read the book The Prestige and then Netflix the movie. It sounds like a great story and I want to read it first.
Also, count me (and possibly Erik) in for Borat. I have a feeling I'm going to hate it, but we'll see. Erik is pumped for it!!
You pumped Vendetta too, and I ended up liking it more than you did.
The Prestige was awesome! Worth every cent of hype. I think I still prefer The Departed, but only because that movie will probably stand up to repeated viewing more...I'm not saying that as a criticism of Prestige since, being a mystery, is inherently going to degrade once you know what happens.
Anyway, Ann smoked me big time. She saw the Borden thing coming. She leans over to me at one point about 2/3 of the way through and says, "So, of course, you're supposed to think ________ about Borden." And I'm like, "Ummm, oh, yeah. Of course." She also picked up on a couple other plot points well before I would have. Way to go, Ann!
Using the corollary to my law of Bloodwork casting, however, I was able to determine the Who of the Borden mystery before Ann did...so I felt pretty good about that.
So, anyway, of the eight people I know who saw the movie, seven really liked it. But, Ann and I were talking about it on the way home, and we can see how if you don't buy into the movie right away, or expect the movie to stink, you would really hate it. So Maryann's loathing of the movie is totally understandable.
I, on the other hand, am obliged to like any movie where General Electric hires goons to burn down their competitor's R&D facilities. That was sweet!
Post a Comment
<< Home