Lost it
Instead of redeeming an OK season, last night's episode unfortunately confirmed that the producers have taken the show into untenable waters. The whole show played like the season itself. It was a slow start, but it started picking up at the end with some really good (although predictable) stuff. Then, it had a surprise which was a big let down. It certainly wasn't the Polly surprise ending from last season.
The show is now projecting itself into uncharted waters. I think it's pretty safe to say that last night's show will kill much of their already dwindled audience. The producers better hope that their new contract doesn't have an out clause for ABC, otherwise, as ratings drop even more ABC will want out to cut their loses.
Oh, well. I'll watch the season opening to see where it's going. But unless it's incredible, I'm not going to rearrange my life around the show any more.
The show is now projecting itself into uncharted waters. I think it's pretty safe to say that last night's show will kill much of their already dwindled audience. The producers better hope that their new contract doesn't have an out clause for ABC, otherwise, as ratings drop even more ABC will want out to cut their loses.
Oh, well. I'll watch the season opening to see where it's going. But unless it's incredible, I'm not going to rearrange my life around the show any more.
Labels: lost

2 Comments:
Go to lostpedia.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page. They have a survey of what people thought of the show. It looks like most people loved it and, like me, are very excited for next year.
That's the fanboy response. These are probably the same 2,000 hardcore viewers who petitioned the network after they canceled Dr. Quinn! They'll watch the show regardless because their identity has become wrapped up in it. Heck, Jack could start Quantum Leaping on and off the island and they'd be cool with that.
After talking to my college students about the show and their perceptions of where it's gone in this past year, I'm pretty sure the average viewer (note: I'm talking about the "average viewer" not the "average fan") will notice that the show has in fact lost it's passion and focus, and in the process has made the main characters less sympathetic. They'll surf over to Ugly Bessy instead. I guarantee it.
Post a Comment
<< Home