Friday, April 21, 2006

Poland's Summer Column, Week One

Movie industry guru, David Poland, started his summer movie column last week. Not the most exciting column ever, but it's a great resource if you want a brief explaination of all the films being released this summer.

He also posted his prediction charts. Here's his top 5 from this week:
  1. Pirates of the Caribbean II, $347m

  2. Superman Returns, $238m

  3. Mission: Impossible 3, $185m

  4. Cars, $210m

  5. X-Men: Last Stand, $185
Obviously, he's missing DaVinci Code...and given Supe's complete lack of advertising, I think he's over estimating that...plus M:i:3 will do better since Posideon will under perform and TC will benefit from being the only thing out that people want to see...but no one pays me for what I think.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you certainly enjoy using cryptic lingo don't you? I'm assuming TC is The Cars?

What do you think Poland is basing his prediction on for Pirates? I mean, I liked the first one. It was entertaining and it did really, really well- but sequels aren't always that good.

4/21/06, 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home