Jackass 2
What's the best reviewed movie that is out right now? Oh yeah, of course it is Jackass 2. Somehow even better than the first one there is no one who can resist laughing till it hurts when they watch this movie. Erin you talk about going to a movie and turning your brain off and just enjoying it. This is your movie. You shouldn't go into it and think about how juvenile it is. You should go into it and expect to have a good time. I think this review by the Miami Herald really sums this movie up."Unapologetically appalling, more disgusting than anything you've ever seen and moronic enough to make you wonder about that theory on the depletion of the gene pool. It is also so funny it will make you choke."

1 Comments:
Well, I still can't figure out how to clearly articulate my problem with Jackass movies, but I think I'm getting closer.
I'm sure they're fun...but just because something is funny, doesn't mean that it's should be exalted.
As I'm gonna write up in a post, I'm reading this book on how our subconscience mind works, and from what I can tell so far, in all of our experiences where we go, conversations we have, media we consume, whether we want to or not, our subconscience is taking in information and processing information which it uses to influence our actions. If we spend an inordinate amount of time in decadent surroundings or consuming hedonistic culture we shape our subconscience...and probably not in a good way. Then, our subconscience influences our actions in such a way as to encourage us to act as though the world really is that way.
So, I guess, with Jackass my problem is, if you watch that kind of stuff which the creators admit is pointless and stupid, you are training your mind--ever so slightly--to bring that kind of pointless crap into its purview.
Post a Comment
<< Home