Thursday, October 26, 2006

Watch out! You're senator's going to shoot you!

Tuesday, I was at the dentist and they had CNN on in the background without any sound. It was crazy. They had banners like "Broken Government", "Has Democracy failed?", and "War on the Middle Class." Gee, I sure feel safe now.
Worse yet, they had a political analysis show where they talked about the upcoming election...and the show was called the Situation Room. If that's not fear-mongering, nothing is. Sure, this is a big election...every election is. But, "Situation Room"? That's a place where people go to plan a war, i.e., it is in situation rooms where experts determine how best to kill people!
I thank God I couldn't hear what they were saying, I'd probably get depressed. Now, in fairness, I don't watch any TV news (liberal, conservative, or otherwise) so maybe they're all like this, but I couldn't believe the level of fear mongering that they've got going on.
What irks me the most about all of this is that one of the Dem's biggest criticism of Bush is that his administration uses fear tactics to get his policies through.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Yeah, it is getting pretty crazy. I was watching Nicole's new broadcast last weekend at 10:00 at night and the commericals went like this:

1st Commericial: Doyle Sucks
2nd: Green Sucks
3rd: Doyle Sucks
4th: Green Sucks
5th: Come and Eat at McDonalds
6th: Doyle Sucks
7th: Green Sucks

It blew my mind. It was coming complete "mud slinging". Did they forget that being above that and making fun of that is how Feingold got into office? I hate election time and when the Presidental races start next year I'm going to be very very thankful for TiVo.

10/28/06, 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home