Casino Royale Reviews
I was optimistic when they brought Paul Haggis on board to write this thing, but I never, in my wildest dreams, imagined that I'd wake up the morning it opened to see a metacritic score of 80...that's more than Flag of Our Fathers and Babel!
Entertainment Weekly's Review: "That's the beauty of the movie. A Bond who doesn't give a damn, who's made affectless, even haunted, by what his job brings out in him, is a Bond we can all give more of a damn about. He speaks to an age of desperation, when the cosmetic barely holds sway over the cutthroat. In Casino Royale, Bond does many things he's done before — turns criminal pursuits into high-flying death stunts, plays world-class poker, faces worldclass torture. At one point, he engages in such a fierce battle inside a Venice palazzo that the building comes crumbling down (that's beyond spectacle — it's blasphemy). Yet Craig, speckled with facial cuts, plays Bond with an almost bruised virility, making each of these actions an expression of unruly will. Casino Royale, the most exciting Bond film since On Her Majesty's Secret Service, has everything you want in a pop entertainment: physical audacity, intrigue, romance, but also a charge of personality that stayed with me for days."
Labels: Casino Royale, James Bond

2 Comments:
I'm going to see it on Monday. I'll let you know what I think.
Sweet...not sure when we're gonna get around to it.
Post a Comment
<< Home