Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Eric's Summer Update, Week 2

Movie, Estimated Gross, (change from last week)
  1. DaVinci Code, $325, (+25M)
  2. Cars, $300, (+$70M)
  3. M:i:iii, $225
  4. Pirates 2, $200, (-$150M)
  5. Superman, $200, (+25M)
  6. X-Men 2, $185
  7. Over The Hedge, $175
  8. The Break Up, $150
  9. Poseidon, $115, (+45M)
  10. Click, $110, (-$30M)
  11. Talladega Nights, $85, (+25M)
  12. Miami Vice, $80
  13. You, Me & Dupree, $75
  14. The Ant Bully, $70
  15. Illusionist, $65, (new)
  16. Nacho Libre, $60
  17. FF3, $60
  18. Lady in the Water, $60
  19. Super Ex-Girlfriend, $60
  20. Just My Luck, $55
The big mover is Pirates 2. EW convinced me that it may not be quite as desired as I thought. Cars is the other big mover...but in the opposite direction...since my initial guess was below Nemo and Incredibles.

I'm continued to be convinced that DVC will play to the 18-25 crowd since it has action and will make them feel smart.

Superman remains the big wild card. I can see it as high as $300M or as low as $125...I'm not confident enough to even split the difference.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I think a lot of your stuff is too low. But then again, last summer sucked at the box office, this summer will probably be the same.

4/30/06, 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home